GET INVOLVED > VOLUNTEERS
Be part of HogSozzle this May 2019 – an independent, grassroots, UK festival.
We’re looking for festival-enthusiasts to volunteer in exchange for a ticket and a weekend to remember. The strength of HogSozzle lies in it’s community – come and help us make it even more special this year!
Can I volunteer with my friends?
Yes! You can volunteer as a group, but must make sure you put the full names of your friends on your application exactly as they have spelt their name on their application. We can’t guarantee that your roles will be in the same location but we will try our best to ensure that you will be working at the same times so you can enjoy your time off together.
You will be the eyes and ears of the festival. You may be assigned to various roles including ticketing, car parking, all music areas, camping, glamping & working on our iconic hog roast.
You will be required to do a total of 10 hours split over 2/3 shifts between Friday 24th and Sunday 26th May. You may be required to be onsite from 9am on Friday, please get in contact if this will be an issue.
This will be a very hands on and physical role helping us set up and take down the festival. You will be expected to be on site from Thursday 23th May for your first shift and your second shift will be on Monday 27th May.
You will be required to do 2×7 hours shifts. You may be expected on site at 9am on Thursday, please get in contact if this will be an issue. Your second shift will not be completed until 5pm Monday.
- I am entitled to carry out voluntary work in the UK.
- I am, or will be, 18 years old or over on the first day of working at HogSozzle and will bring proof of ID.
- My place on the volunteer team is not secured until I have agreed with the terms and conditions and paid the £119 volunteer deposit in full to HogSozzle Ltd.
- The deposit will be refunded provided I complete all my shifts without any problems (this will take 2-3 weeks post festival). Please be aware that no-shows cause us serious problems so please let us know if you can’t make it. Deposits will be non-refundable for applications withdrawn after May 1st 2019.
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner whilst representing HogSozzle festival.
- I will comply with all the festival policies, both on and off shift.
- I will do nothing to endanger the safety of myself or other people.
- I will remain un-intoxicated whilst, or immediately prior to my shifts. The festival reserves the right to have anyone found on shift under the influence of any intoxicating substances, or behaving in a manner that constitutes poor conduct, immediately removed from the festival site, and their deposit forfeit.
- The festival organisers are not responsible for the personal possessions off volunteers at the festival – please take care of your belongings.
- I will familiarise myself with the festival’s health & safety policy prior to volunteering, and am prepared to wear all protective equipment issued to me where appropriate on shift i.e high vis tabard, protective gloves.
- I will report for my volunteering duty on the days and times agreed and complete all allotted shifts.